edublog assignment #3

adderson-shadowbox

I live in oakland,ca.the neighborhood i grew up was quite and people making the community better.im a person that reaspects and heps out other people.im a person that is responsible and cares.some aspects of me are the sports i like and identiffied as a gamer.

To begin with the dominant narrative means that people with power can talk about you and would say anything of you even if they don’t know who you are.for example the images i used for my shadowbox are when people talk that oakland is a very dangerous place that is very violent.this images affects me because oakland to me is a place that has offer opportunities and gives you help.it makes me feel sad and down because oakland is a place that wants to improve the city and making communities be together.

Next is counter narrative it means when you respond what you really are and belief on. an image i used to show counter narrative is that i love to play soccer and play video games because those are stuff that i can do and i’m good at.i also has an image of what i want to be an engineer and have it as a career.this are images that make me feel good about myself because they represent me.

Also identity images are picture of you are and what you do.i used an image of my favorite video game because it is about soccer.i also used an image of my favorite type of dog because they are my favorite.this are images that make me feel confident and good about myself because they are stuff that i like.

In conclusion,people see me as a person that is active and is social to my friends and play video games.if people really knew me they would know that im person that works hard for my school and want the best for me and my family.it is important to correct the dominant narrative with a counter narrative because you would beable to explain to them who you really are where you come from.what i learned in this unit is that people can talk about us but they dont know us at all and lie to there self.you as a person are the only one who knows waht you are and where you come from.